Managing long-term sickness in the workplace can be a tricky experience for an employer. Equally, sickness is a very stressful and upsetting time for the employee and their family.
It’s only natural that we all need to take time off when we are sick and usually it only lasts a few days however, long term absence can have a devastating effect on all concerned.
It is crucial therefore that absence from work is carefully and sensitively managed with a fair process.
We can advise on;
- Contractual sick pay.
- Statutory sick pay.
- Keeping records.
- The right to terminate the contract.
- How sickness relates to Disability and the Disability Discrimination Act and Equality Act.
- Keeping in touch when off sick.
- Making reasonable adjustments for an employee.
- Managing a phased return to work.
- Obtaining medical reports.
- Health & Safety issues.